ADHD in older adults, identify, diagnose, manage, and treat
Technology is not always a cooperative servant. My ADDitude Magazine webinar scheduled on Febuary 27, 2018 was interrupted by a technical problem after 10 minutes. No one was more upset about this than I. However, good news. the webinar has been rescheduled for May 1 Tuesday 1pm for 1 hour. This will be a 30+ minute presentation with slides followed by Q and A live. You can register for the webinar and, if not available for the time, watch it at a convenient time for you.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- how to identify and understand ADHD symptoms in adults over age 50
- the importance of an accurate diagnosis in older adults who are experiencing mental changes
- why clinicians don’t consider that ADHD might be the reason for “thinking problems” in older adults
- signs that clinicians and older adults should be aware of in the diagnosis process
- how stimulants might fit into a treatment regimen for adults who are taking multiple medications
- how medication and organizational skills can improve daily functioning and quality of life
- how to approach a parent who you suspect has had lifelong inattention and disorganization
Hope you can join us…and tell anyone who might benefit….like your parents who have had symptoms for as long as you can remember. While the webinar is billed for clinicians based of the research basis of the presentation, it will not be beyond the scope of the general public to understand.
David W. Goodman, M.D.